TUITION & FEES
Tuition for students entering the Master’s degree programs beginning Fall 2021 semester is $28.94 for classes per semester hour, and $30.10 for clinical hours per semester hour. The total number of semester hours in the Master of Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization program is 3092.5 and the Master of Acupuncture (MAc) program is 2525.5. Excluding fees and NM state tax, the cost for the Master of Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization program is approximately $90,962.00 and the cost for the Master of Acupuncture program is approximately $74,298.00. Each term consists of approximately 200-380 semester hours in the Master of Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization program and 190-330 semester hours in the Master of Acupuncture depending on how the student chooses to complete the program. Tuition must be paid in full for each term at registration unless other financial arrangements have been made with the College. In addition to tuition and living expenses, there are a number of other expenses that the student should anticipate as part of an acupuncture education. Such fees include:
- Registration fee $50.00 per term
- Late registration fee $80.00 per term
- Drop/Add fee $40.00 per course/clinic
- Transcript fee $12.00 per transcript
- Books $500.00-600.00 per year
- Acupuncture supplies $200.00-300.00 per year
- Make-up/missed exam fee $90.00 plus proctoring fees
- Make-up final exam fee $120.00 plus proctoring fees
- Proctor fee for make-up exams $ 8.00 per hour
- Clinic fee $ 45.00 per clinic
- Non-credit clinic fee $75.00 per clinic
- Malpractice insurance $60.00 per term
- Student services fee $20.00 per term
- Graduate processing fee $200.00 paid in the last term
- Change of graduation date fee $50.00 per occurrence
- Leave of absence/reinstatement fee $100.00 per occurrence
- Challenge exams $150.00 per exam plus proctoring fees
- Intercampus transfer fee $150.00 per occurrence
- Clinical Competency Exam fee $200.00 paid prior to internship elegibility
- Cost of Room & Board - Santa Fe (approximately) $4,090.00
- Cost of Room & Board - Boulder (approximately) $5,415.00
- Cost of Transportation - Santa Fe (approximately) $1,997.00
- Cost of Transportation - Boulder (approximately) $ 1,996.00
In New Mexico, state sales tax is charged on tuition as well as all of the above fees.
Students should anticipate an annual tuition increase which may be 5% or more.
The Student Services Fee is a fee collected by the College each term for student services not included in the tuition. It subsidizes the purified drinking water systems, student lounge amenities, student telephones, and other services coordinated by administration on an as needed basis.
The Graduate Processing Fee is a fee assessed to the students in their last term. It covers the cost of diplomas, processing interviews with numerous administrators, and rapid transcript preparation for the graduates for various state and national constituencies.
The college has a payment plan for those students that are not receiving financial aid and can’t pay their full balance at the time of registration. The payment plan allows the student to make 4 equal installments during the course of the semester. The first payment will be due immediately, and the following 3 payments will be due on the 15th of each month thereafter. Payment plans are made with a monthly late fee charge of 1.25% (15% per year). Balances must be paid in full each semester. Students must make arrangements for a payment plan with the bookkeeping office.