Accreditation, Approvals and Affiliations
Southwest Acupuncture College is:
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Title IV Student Aid Programs
- Approved by the New Mexico Board of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Approved by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education
- Approved by the California Acupuncture Committee
- Approved for Veteran’s benefits
- Authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students
- Member–Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM)
- Licensed by New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Southwest Acupuncture College is wholly owned by Human Capital Inc.
The Southwest Acupuncture College (Santa Fe, NM and Boulder, CO campuses), and its following programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM):
(1) Master of Acupuncture
(2) Master of Acupuncture with a Chinese herbal medicine specialization
The Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) granted Southwest Acupuncture College (SWAC) and its Master’s degree programs continuing institutional accreditation for a period of seven (7) years, effective 11 August 2018. Accreditation status and notes may be viewed at: acaom.org/directory-menu/directory/ .
ACAOM is the recognized accrediting agency for programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners. ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347; phone 952/212-2434; fax 952/657-7068; http://acaom.org