Acupuncture Career Opportunities
Please email your job opening the Alumni Director. SWAC posts job opportunities on our website and on our student job boards and emails them to our alumni. For emails, please provide your clinic name, website, street address, contact information, and any pictures.
Golden, CO - McIntyre Community Acupuncture and Wellness is looking for a friendly and reliable person who is excited about servicing the community and making acupuncture accessible to everyone, you will have the freedom to build your own practice while working in a relaxed and thriving environment. Our space is calm, clean, and modern on the inside with a little feel of the mountain, rustic look on the outside. This space offers acupuncture, massage, reflexology, yoga and workshops. Be a part of a growing business and use your skills while treating many patients!
Here is who are looking to hire:
• An independent, committed, and confident acupuncturist.
• With good verbal communication and multi-tasking abilities.
• An organized and time efficient individual who works well on their own.
• Dr. Tan trained helps, but not necessary, we will train the right person.
• Professional and fully licensed in Colorado with your own malpractice insurance.
• Reliable transportation.
• Able to market and help the practice grow.
• New acupuncture practitioners welcome.
• Learn from an experienced, supportive, and caring staff with over a decade of practice.
• We offer discounts on services at McIntyre Acupuncture & Wellness and our sister clinic Calm Spirit Acupuncture and Massage. Discounted prices on facials, massage, cupping, reflexology, and free acupuncture treatments at the McIntyre location.
This position is commission based. We must fill a 3 hour shift on either Mondays or Wednesdays 3:30pm-6:30pm and Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm or 11:00am-2:00pm. This is a perfect position for someone just starting out or for someone looking to supplement their income. Opportunities to pick up more hours are possible, as some practitioners need coverage for vacations. Please send your resume to: mcintyrecommunityacu[at]gmail.com[dot] No phone calls please!
Evergreen, CO - Integrative Medicine clinic seeks a licensed acupuncturist to join a thriving clinic. The ideal candidate will possess :
- Acupuncture license (L.Ac.) from an accredited school. (Herbal degree not required, MSAc OK)
- A positive customer service attitude, personable, and professional behavior.
- A willingness to learn Dr. Christina’s speciality in medical acupuncture; the candidate must be teachable and adaptable.
- Must be able to commute to Downtown Evergreen daily including reliable winter transportation.
Responsibilities Include :
- Learning and perfecting free hand needle technique.
- Perform advanced needle technique and the frequent use of adjunct modalities such as cupping, moxibustion, electrical stimulation, guasha, tuina and bleeding.
- Proficiently treat many patients per hour - minimal diagnosis and intake, no charting required, taking payments, rescheduling and marketing also not required.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers.
Denver/ Golden, CO - Meeting Point Acupuncture seeks personable, outgoing Acupuncturist.
Busy community clinic with 2 locations is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic acupuncturist. Starts out as PT but if the fit is right will become FT position.
Licensed in Colorado with current malpractice insurance.
Strong commitment to the concepts of social equality and community acupuncture.
Be willing AND ABLE to treat patients quickly, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Must be available to work on Saturday
Flexibility and the ability to think on your feet.
Able to communicate clearly
Eager to work in a fast paced, busy clinic with a diverse patient population
CA training or experience are highly regarded, as are familiarity with Practice Fusion, and Dr. Tan/Tung/Miriam Lee
Motivated to market and grow your patient base.
Willingness to do administrative and/or marketing tasks to maintain a team environment and help the clinic grow.
Reliably shows up on-time and ready to work.
Prior experience in a community acupuncture or other high-volume practice.
Live in and/or be familiar with the communities of Metro Denver/Golden.
• A huge amount of clinical experience in a relatively short time
• Unlimited free acupuncture treatments for employees and one member of their family/community
• Herbs at cost
• Per shift wage plus per treatment commission (you will be an employee not an independent contractor)
New grads are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to meetingpointacu[at]gmail[dot]com with a cover letter expressing why you would like to work at a community clinic and 2 references from this posting (no phone calls please!)
Louisville, CO - Dova Center For Health & Healing seeks a part-time Assistant Acupuncturist and Herbalist who:
Keeps current patient progress notes and supports patient retention requiring proficiency in general office and organizational skills and knowledge of Dova Center operations.
Supports administrator and/or staff by contributing to office operations and productivity.
Professional and strong work ethic supporting patients and communication with co-workers.
Support administrator and office manager with Department promotions, marketing and In House Events as instructed.
Availability: 2-3 half shifts each week including Wed and Friday afternoons
Experience: At least 1 year of school clinical experience in providing acupuncture
Current and above B grade in TCM accredited school.
Current ability to meet or exceed all criteria for Dova Center Assistant Acupuncturist privileging.
Maintains current malpractice liability insurance at $1m minimum.
Fertility and Women’s Health
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Pain treatment and management
Competency and Proficiency in Herbs: Prescribing formulaes as granules and Blue Poppy, Kan extracts and pills; Skilled or interest in working with granules.
We encourage you to apply online via our Indeed link.
Beckley, WV - On Point Acupuncture seeks part time help (3 days a week) with opportunity for a full time position. The clinic specializes in sports medicine, but would like to add someone focused in a different specialization. We treat many veteran patients, and have networks with local doctors and the VA hospital that refers patients frequently. Our clinic has three treatment rooms for acupuncture, one for massage, office space, and a seperate yoga studio. We have an office manager, receptionist, and an insurance biller, as well as two massage therapists and five yoga instructors. I am looking for an ambitious, flexible, and passionate acupuncturist and herbalist to help fill the needs of our busy clinic. This is an area that truly needs alternative medicine, and 95% or more of the patients I see have never had acupuncture before. We currently have a waitlist of three months, and we are treating 75-90 patients a week. Please send resume to Kacy Korczyk, L.Ac., MSAc., Dipl.Ac., at info[at]on-pointacu[dot]com
Billings, MT - Acupuncture Eastern Medical Center is for sale in Billings, Montana. Practice includes extensive patient records in the neighborhood of 1000, office and exam room furniture, herbs, medical equipment, and supplies. Practitioner in practice for over 50 years and in current location for over 35 years wanting to retire. Doctor is willing to do some training and assist with transition - subject to negotiation. With a population of over 110,000, and approximately 9 acupuncturists, there is plenty of room for growth. The local acupuncture community is very friendly. Asking $35,000, practice can be relocated to another area of Billings. Listed for sale with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Floberg Real Estate - contact Korrine Barth or Cal Northam for more info 406-850-2520 Korrine.barth[at]floberg[dot]com or 406-696-1606 CalNortham[at]floberg[dot]com.
Loveland, TX - Scott Family Health is looking to hire an acupuncturist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Educate patient on Diagnosis
• Perform appropriate Treatments related to patient chief complaint
• Maintain professional communication and behavior with patients at all times. Your personal life should be discussed as minimally as possible and only when prompted by the patient Accurately order appropriate outside testing (x-ray, MRI, CT, etc) for working diagnosis.
• Have a great working knowledge of all fields within multi-disciplinary approach related to every diagnosis given.
• Accurately and expeditiously document each patient encounter within electronic medical records system.
• Initiate and maintain communication with referring practitioner as applicable
• Help with educating and training doctor’s assistants on therapies protocols.
• Mentor other providers in multi-disciplinary setting as to your profession
• Present to company and providers case studies or other pertinent information when asked to do so.
• Maintain clean treatment environment
Education and Experience:
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
• Genuinely personable and friendly demeanor with patient interaction.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
• Multi-task with ability to change duties quickly as interruptions arise and return to task appropriately.
• Highly organized with superior attention to detail.
• Excellent computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Flexible availability Monday-Saturday.
If interested, please email Scott Hessler at shessler[at]scottfamilyhealth[dot]com.
Wasilla, AK - Ancient & Modern Pain Solutions is looking for a motivated, friendly, humble, detail-oriented leader to fill a part-time position for licensed acupuncturist. The acupuncturist is responsible for conducting diagnostic investigation; creating, following through with, and recording treatment plans; directing and instructing an assistant; and interacting with patients, staff and other providers in a professional manner.
-NCCAOM Diplomate of Acupuncture Certification AND
-The ability to obtain, or current possession of, an Acupuncture license for the State of Alaska AND
-At least a Master's degree in Acupuncture or Oriental Medicine OR
-A valid Acupuncture license issued by your state or national government
-Bachelor's degree in sports/exercise science, biology, health or related field
-Knowledge/degree of herbal medicine
-Strong knowledge of anatomy
-Knowledge of/specialty in treatment of pain
-Knowledge of contemporary physical diagnostic methods including musculoskeletal, neurological, and
Located in the majestic mountain surrounded Mat-Su Valley of Alaska, our clinic treats mainly pain and neuropathic conditions with a secondary emphasis on TCM and internal medicine. Our aim is to combine time-proven traditional medical practices with contemporary examinations and therapeutic techniques. Benefits and competitive salary DOE. To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to info[at]AncientModernHealth[dot]com
Socorro, NM - Socorro Desert Herbals, LLC, a family practice acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic, seeks a DOM for a part time position, ideally 2 days a week. Desert Herbals has been helping residents of the greater Socorro area since 1996. Pay is based on per patient treated, with applicable bonuses, and a matching IRA after one year employment. We are looking for a DOM who thrives in a busy clinic and practices primarily TCM. Other methods of acupuncture are not excluded. All basic acupuncture supplies are included. There is a well stocked pharmacy with Chinese herb granules, pills, some Chinese bulk herbs and Western herbs. There is an office manager and receptionist to handle paperwork and scheduling. Socorro is a small university town (New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology) near the Very Large Array and Bosque del Apache wildlife refuge. It is about a 75 mile drive south of the Albuquerque airport. If this sounds like a position you would like, please call Jeanne Dixon at 575-835-4787 for more details.
Louisville, CO - Jade Turtle Well-Spa has an opening for a Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist who excels in people and communication skills; is interested in building their practice here long term; is committed in providing thorough, excellent care to their patients; has experience, specific CEU training; and passion for treating: fertility and women's health, pediatrics, and cosmetic acupuncture (cosmetic training is a plus); is certified in Herbal Medicine and competently practices Herbal Medicine with patients; will offer monthly talks at our center to the general public; will meet with doctors; participate in health fairs; promote themselves and their specialties; has a minimum of two years in private practice. We will consider an incredibly ambitious new grad with stellar references from local practitioners and teachers. In this case, it will be an associate position that will be comprised of assisting with other LAcs and mentoring to get you up to speed on how we practice here, and then you will be supported in growing your practice here.
We are conveniently located right off US-36 at:
972 W. Dillon Road Ste 1
Louisville, CO 80027
Please send your qualifications/resume and cover letter
ATTN: Gina or Sally
Southwest Acupuncture College (SWAC) does not endorse any of these solicitations. SWAC does not guarantee the accuracy of this information, assumes no responsibility for its content or use, and shall not be liable for any losses caused by such reliance upon such information, including and not limited to incidental and consequential damages.
Southwest Acupuncture College Career Opportunities
Southwest Acupuncture College is currently seeking clinic supervisors who specialize in various styles of Japanese Meridian Therapy for our summer semester. Summer semester runs for 15 weeks between May 8th – August 18th. Must have five years of clinical practice. Clinic supervisors work with groups of 3-4 students during 3.5-hour shifts. Must be comfortable with herbs and up to date with CNT 7 or willing to become familiar with current CNT 7 requirements. If interested, please contact:
Susan Chaney, PhD
Academic Dean, Santa Fe Campus
Click to email
Experienced Teachers and Strong Clinicians Needed
Now Accepting Resumes
Minimum 5 years of clinical experience and license required
Nutrition, Tui-na, Chinese Herbology, Practice Management, Acupuncture Technique Classes and Specially Topics, Clinical Supervision and more!
Ranking and salary commensurate with educational background, clinical and / or teaching experience, professional development (writing and research), continued education, professional association membership, licensing and credentials. Please contact the Academic Dean at the campus of your choice.
To apply, send a letter of interest and curricula vitae to:
Southwest Acupuncture College
Santa Fe Campus
Susan Chaney, Academic Dean
1622 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
Phone: 505.438.8884 x 1004 Fax: 505.438.8883
Click here to email.
Corine Danchik, Academic Dean
6630 Gunpark Drive, Suite 200, Boulder, Colorado 80301
Phone: 303.581.9955 x 1106 Fax: 303.581.9944
Click here to email.